Editor: Author Colleen Green
Book of the Month
by Wright Writers of Dayton Member, Greg Enslen
Getting away with murder…Newly sober Frank Harper is solving cold cases left and right, finally impressing his boss. But Frank’s unhappy–he misses the excitement of active police work. Meanwhile, in Cooper’s Mill, the sleepy Ohio town where Frank’s daughter and grandson live, things are heating up. Local man Joe Hathaway is about to stand trial for three counts of attempted murder, and Frank’s been called in to testify. Joe’s confident he’ll win. But, just in case, he’s got a plan–one that will finally bring Frank Harper to his knees.
Recipe of the Month
Beer Marinated Chicken Wrap
by Wright Writers of Dayton Member, Author Colleen Green
- Gallon Plastic Sealed Bag
- 1 Package Chicken Breasts (flattened)
- 1 Bottle Ale Beer
- ½ of Roasted Potatoes Seasoning Mix Package (1.25oz)
- 2 Cut Up Granny Smith Apples
- Flour Tortillas
- Hickory Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce
- Use meat tenderizer to flatten chicken breasts.
- Put meat into gallon plastic bag.
- Pour beer into bag.
- Seal bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, take chicken out and sprinkle with roasted potatoes seasoning mix.
- Take back of spoon and push seasoning into the chicken.
- Heat up frying pan on medium heat.
- Add oil to pan and then add chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, spread barbecue sauce on tortillas.
- Flip chicken over to finish cooking.
- Arrange cut up apples onto tortillas.
- When chicken is finished cooking take it out of pan and cut up into strips.
- Put chicken pieces on tortillas.
- Add extra barbecue sauce if needed.
For more recipes:
Inspirational Quote of the Month
For more quotes go to: www.brainyquote.com
Word of the Month
Guile n. Treacherous cunning; skillful deceit. Particular skill and cleverness in tricking or deceiving people. “Considerable guile was involved in the transaction.”
For more words go to: http://www.wordthink.com
Like the Wright Writers of
Dayton Facebook Page
Follow this blog to get notified via email when we post newsletters.
Click on the “follow” button.