Recipe of the Month
Candy Cane Cupcakes
by Colleen Green
- Crush candy canes. (break off straight end about 2” and keep separate)
- Make cupcake batter according to white cake box directions.
- Fill cupcake liner to about 2/3 full.
- Put a peppermint pattie or a chocolate kiss in center of each spot.
- Fill cupcake liner to cover candy and bake according to box directions.
- Just before serving, ice cupcakes with strawberry icing and stick 2” candy cane piece in center.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Follow Colleen’s blog at https://activeamateurchef.wordpress.com/author
Book of the Month
A Field of Red (Frank Harper Mysteries Book 1)
by Greg Enslen
Ex-cop Frank Harper doesn’t want to get involved. Harper is visiting the small Ohio town of Cooper’s Mill, trying to reconnect with his estranged daughter and a grandson he’s never met. But he finds the town gripped in fear-two young girls have gone missing, taken in broad daylight from a busy street. And the police are coming up blank. But once Harper is drawn reluctantly into the investigation, he’ll stop at nothing to find the girls.
Available on Amazon, link below.
Inspirational Quote of the Month
Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.
Word of the Month
Serendipity; Serendipitous n. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident.
“A fortunate stroke of serendipity.”
Like The Wright Writers of Dayton’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/wrightwriters/